What is TikTok?
TikTok is a social media platform that no individual can ignore anymore, being one of the most successful social media platforms used by influencers, celebrities and politicians. The main sought-after demographic includes Millennials and Generation Z but is becoming more popular in businesses’ marketing schemes.
Being one of the fastest-growing applications in the U.S, TikTok has over 2 billion downloads from many app stores and has an average of 10.25 million existing users per day.
TikTok is a different application form than most people are used to; you must use a different mindset than when creating Facebook or Instagram content. TikTok doesn’t use HD photos or perfected content, so if you want to use this new and improved application for your business, you must use creativity and humour to reach your audience.
If you have a business you want to take off the ground, starting with TikTok would be a wise option. Once you are comfortable with the video choices, you can begin to use this application to your advantage. The best way to boost your business or brand on TikTok is not the paid advertisements but to use hashtag challenges.
What Are Hashtag Challenges and How Can You Use Them?
Many TikTokers use song and dance to promote creativity and humorous creations in the hashtag challenges, benefitting your business. Creating a challenge around your business invites potential clients to purchase your brand to participate in the challenge.
If you own a small business and dream of going viral, using these suggestions to your advantage could take you to the next level. When TikTok users decide to partake in your challenge, they will be creating specialized content and, in turn, will encourage others to do the same. Apart from creating great engagement, here are some additional extras:
- You can influence user-generated content.
- You can collaborate with other influencers on TikTok to expand your challenge. This collaboration can develop your brand to their circle of followers to engage in the hashtag challenge.
- You can use this additional social media page to engage with the younger demographic, creating more foot traffic leading to a new audience of potential customers.
Setting up your Brand for Success
Hashtag challenges take time and planning to ensure they correspond correctly with the brand, and viewers will want to participate. Make sure you are conducting research and ask yourself:
- What are similar brands doing in their hashtag challenges, and are they successful?
- Who is your target audience?
- Are you looking to promote a product or your general brand?
- What are the rules?
- How will you encourage the challenge?
If your business isn’t ready for paid advertisements, TikTok is the perfect way to get your business noticed. For brands that are seeing a positive trend in creating fun video content, do the research, and enjoy the process, this might be the application that helps grow your brand!