The use of social media, particularly apps, has skyrocketed in the last decade. One of the biggest apps out there, TikTok, generates billions of dollars from its users. Creators on the platform are beginning to make large portions of that, just by making videos—up to several million dollars in income!
But, it’s not as easy as it might sound to rise to the top and start making big bucks off of TikTok. There are algorithms that, with proper implementation, can be the catalyst for such a goal.
Start with creating an account, establishing a posting schedule, and gathering an audience of followers.
To be successful on any social media platform, branding is important. It’s a way to categorize creators based on the content they produce so platforms can direct users to what they want to see. Pick a target niche and stick to it, posting relevant content that is interesting and fresh. Overall aesthetics from an account should remain consistent as well (i.e. funny and light, serious or dark, formal, cute and colorful, etc).
Be consistent. Users want to know when to expect new content. Set up a posting schedule and, most importantly, stick to it. Consistency can sometimes be the only thing that sets a small account with a few hundred followers apart from a large account backed by millions of followers. But don’t just post consistently—post quality content consistently. A schedule of a few posts a day on the platform seems to be one thing most big accounts have in common as well.
By utilizing a brand and posting schedule effectively, followers will come without much extra effort. Engaging with followers by responding to comments, liking comments, and answering messages has also been established as a viable method in gaining attention and popularity on TikTok.
After all that is done, where does the money come in?
Here are 5 (not so secret) tips to making top dollars on TikTok:
- Merchandise: Once an account has been verified and draws in millions of followers and views, creators should consider making merchandise. They can then advertise it on TikTok, thus bringing in a nice income.
- Social Media Consultant: Believe it or not, TikTok’s popularity makes it a hotspot for new users every day. The people who struggle to use the app, forever, may seek help. This is where TikTok experts can get paid to teach or post for people and businesses.
- Influencers: Every social media platform has them and, with a big enough audience, people will pay creators to promote for them. However, this is used as a marketing tool and not to be confused with sponsored posts.
- Careers: A trend has developed lately among popular creators on TikTok where they use their success on the platform to launch themselves into their dream careers. Creators in music, art, dance, and acting are some of the most popular areas of success.
- Sponsored Posts: Creators can be paid to directly promote products or services on their accounts.
Gaining popularity on any social media platform is hard. It takes time and dedication to post quality, entertaining content. In order to be able to make a lot of money from platforms like TikTok, start from the beginning with a plan. Then follow through with it.