The short video platform TikTok, like other social media platforms, often changes its features, policies, and community guidelines. It was possible to see which users visited a profile in an older version of the app.
The situation has changed. TikTok does not let users see who views their TikTok videos, unlike Snapchat or Instagram Stories. The only information you can see is how many times each video has been viewed, who liked it, and who commented.
Can I see who viewed my TikTok videos?
Briefly, no. Since TikTok no longer has a feature that lets you see which accounts have viewed your videos, as we mentioned earlier. Therefore, it is impossible to track who is watching your videos, but your viewing habits cannot be tracked.
In addition to showing you who viewed your videos, you will see how many people viewed them. Videos can be stitched and duetted by users who have left comments. Both the Activity tab and the notification panel provide access to this information. When someone comments on one of your videos, you’ll receive a notification.
View counts on TikTok videos
In TikTok, you can see how many videos have been viewed. You can do it this way:
- Launch TikTok
- You’ll find the ‘Me’ icon next to the notifications tab in the bottom right corner. You will be directed to the TikTok profile menu.
- Here you can see how many views your videos have received. Since you won’t receive a notification for every video viewed, you’ll have to check your profile to see how many views you’re getting.
Your profile can be customized, you can see which TikTok users are following you, you can make videos, choose a user icon and username, and even make your account private. You will be prevented from viewing your videos by those who are not approved, followers.
Analytics for TikTok accounts
The analytics section of your account is also available to you. Instagram, for example, offers a similar feature.
Here’s how it works:
- Click ‘Me’ in the bottom right corner, as before. Your profile will appear.
- On the profile screen, click the three dots to reveal your user settings.
- Select Creator Tools from this menu.
- Click Analytics.
- If you haven’t already done so, you’ll need to enable analytics. The analytics page has a Turn On button.
You can analyze the various aspects of your TikTok profile with the help of an analytics page.
Controlling Account Visibility
Create a private account if you do not want your account to be viewed by just anyone.
You can do it this way:
- Press the Me button in the bottom-right corner to begin.
- The three dots are located in the top right corner. There is a Settings and Privacy menu here. Click on Privacy.
- Press the Private account switch when you are on this tab.
- You can approve or reject follow requests when you have a private account, and you can also message private contacts.
Do you know who has viewed your profile?
The list of all visitors to your profile, or a list of individual visitors, is not available to you. Users may be discouraged from viewing other users’ profiles if this feature is available.
‘Profile views’ would discourage most people from visiting someone’s page.
Most of us are guilty of mild online stalking, and we would probably have a little embarrassment if people could see our profile views. An exciting aspect of the internet is that you can decide how public or anonymous you want to be.